Photo: On the banks of the Peace River at Hudson’s Hope Museum, Andrea Morison
Dear Defenders of the Peace,
Our campaign to make all British Columbians aware of the issues associated with Site C at this critical time is going strong – thanks to so many of you! Thank you so much for ordering JustTheDamFacts brochures from Ariel, writing letters through our SiteC.RealHearings.org website, asking Site C related questions at events, and so much more!
What else can you help with?
Ask Site C Questions at Election Forums
- Many of you will be heading to election related debates and forums over the next couple of weeks.
- To assist you with posing informed questions about how candidates intend to address Site C, we have prepared a helpful list of suggested openers/preambles and questions on the key issues:
Endorse the Site C Economic Report
- Site C is a very hot topic following the release of ‘Reassessing the Need for Site C” (report #5) by UBC’s Program on Water Governance. Our allies at LeadNow are pulling out the stops to make sure that the provincial government knows Site C is uneconomic and must be sent to the BC Utilities Commission for a full economic review.
- Send your letter endorsing this action here.
Help Get Out the Vote!
- Only 56% of BC voters bothered to vote in 2013, so Organizing for Change’s campaign to Get Out the Vote is essential this year.
- Phone banking starts on Thursday, April 27th and runs through to election day, May 9th. Phone bank training is happening this week!
- If you are interested in assisting with this important endeavor, please contact Galen at firstname.lastname@example.org so he can include you on his list.
- Additionally, please sign up for a training session now with Organizing for Change’s interactive calendar here. Be sure to select the date and time that works best for you at the top of the page.
- You can do as much or as little phoning as you wish.
- These calls are made to members of our organizations encouraging them to make sure they get out and vote. They are completely non-partisan and there is no need to get into a discussion about any specific topics.
Join the White Elephant in Kelowna this weekend
- Sunday April 23rd, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Stuart Park Ice Rink, 1435 Water St. Kelowna
- Bring signs, placards and banners – ideas for placards and banners can be found here.
- Invite your friends in Kelowna to join the rally through the Facebook event here.
Reminder: Please be sure to follow us on Facebook at Peace Valley Environment Association for news, activities and events associated with our campaign. There are all kinds of things happening throughout the province every week!
Thank you for your support! 🙂